Thursday, April 4, 2013

Making your own scrapbooking Background

 I hope you all had a great Easter break and looking forward to another weekend coming up. We have had a bit of rain in Auckland so hopefully some off you who really need it have had some too.
We had a not well timed leaky hot water cylinder on the Saturday night and it was only replaced today - we could only turn on the water for short periods of time as well as it would still leak!


I have been having a play with Tim Holtz Distress Paints and created my own background on this layout. I loooovvveee these paints!!! (confession time I have brought all the available colours oooh but I have seen the new metallic ones and they look awesome!)


I used the following paints along with a Prima Grungy lattice stencil to create the background : Broken China, Bundled Sage and Wild Honey.

Firstly I dabbed a combo of the Bundled Sage and Broken China through the stencil onto white cardstock - this did not work so well so I ran both of the colours randomly all over the cardstock.
My next step was to let it dry.  I then used the Wild Honey paint through the stencil and some random swipes on the edges of the cardstock.

I finished the layout with some hessian fabric and Kaisercraft Elegance collection collectables along with a photo mounted on chipboard for a bit of dimension.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment