Saturday, October 27, 2012

Donna Salazar Guest Designer - Journal of a Lifetime Mini Album Part one

Last year I was selected as a guest designer at Donna Salazar designs and this project was never shown so here it is.

When I received my Guest Designer product I was paging through The Chronicle and found a picture of a world map in it - this gave me the idea for this 8 X 8 album I am sharing with you today. Originally I was from South Africa and when I was twelve my parents decided to take the family on an around the world cruise on their 37 foot yacht. The original plan was to do a circumnavigation but we arrived in New Zealand and it is such a beautiful country we stayed and we are still here over 20 years later.  All the journalling in the album is a copy of my original "scrapbook" which was a big newsprint pad that my aunt gave me prior to leaving South Africa. It is wonderful having this record of my thoughts at the time and its rather funny too!! A real Journey of a Lifetime!!!

The base of the album is 8X8 Chipboard squares with the edges inked with Truffle Mixed Media Ink.
This is the front cover - it has lots of layers of distressed Antiquities and Artistic papers with the top one curled up as a feature. The flower on the top of the page is cut from The Chronicle using the rose creation die. This has then been joined together with a brad and spritzed using River Mossy and Caramel Latte Smooch Spritzes. The seam binding ribbon on the rings and the bow have also been spritzed using theses colours.  On the cover and throughout the album I have used Jasmine Mixed Media Inx(white) to grunge it up a bit. On the flourish and the wings I have put mixed berry fairy dust glitter using Clearsnaps Glue Gloss.


On my Introduction page I have used the fairy dust again and added some flowers and a butterfly cut from the Fanciful flight die set.


My next page I have increased the size of it by creating a flap on the one side so I could fit in the map from the Chronicle. The Sprightly Sprockets die was used to cut out the sprockets from the 12 X 12 diecut page.



With the next two pages I have created pockets to put in journalling Tabs to be able to fit all of the South African part of our Journey on two pages. The one with the butterfly is my favourite page in the whole album.  This also features a rose creations flower.



With The St Helena page I cut out the centre of a page and rolled back the edges and inked them with Truffle Mixed Media ink. A Fanciful Flight butterfly is featured again. 

 
 The Brazil Page is a fairly basic page with some findings and watch parts on it.


The next page has sprightly sprockets again and a Journalling tag cut from the compatibles sheet in the Antiquities pad. The background has been inked with the truffle ink as well.


The Venezualan page is also an extended page with a rose creation flower added and findings too.



This next page was a lot of journalling so decided to do the flower cluster on the side to break it up a bit.


The background for the map page of the British Virgin Islands was great as it made the map really stand out. Another Rose Creation flower and leaves are featured as well. The Crafty Chronicle also was used as a mat under the photo.



 Another basic page including diecuts from the 12 X 12 diecut sheet from the Antiquities collection.


 Another basic page using a paper doily and a Antiquities diecut.


Well I hope you are enjoying my album - be back soon with part two!!

Bev.

No comments:

Post a Comment